General Operating Information
The SȽEȽEMW̱ Child Development Centre complies with the Child Care Licensing Regulations of the Community Care Facility Act.
The centre operates Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, with the exceptions of statutory holidays, professional development days and closures designated by the W̱SÁNEĆ School Board .
The Centre is currently licensed for children ages two months to Grade six. Licensing requires that we provide an appropriate level of supervision as follows:
- Under 36 months: 4 children require one licensed infant/toddler educator. 8 children require one infant/toddler educator and one Early Childhood Educator.
- Over 36 months: 8 or less children to one licensed early childhood educator or up to 16 children one
licensed ECCE and one assistant Nullam laoreet ultricies leo.
- After School Care: 10 or less Kindergarten children or Grade one; one Responsible Adult
15 or less grade two-six; one responsible adult.
Termination of Services
Our staff is committed to providing services to families. There are some circumstances where it may not be possible to do so:
- If parents/guardians are unable to successfully conclude a custody agreement.
- When centre fees are not paid as agreed.
- If the parent/guardian or family member is abusive, threatening or violent toward a child, staff member, or other parents/guardians in the setting.
- lf parents/guardians do not comply with the centre schedule for pick up and drop off.
- If a child's behaviour is disruptive or physically threatening to other children and/or staff and the efforts of staff can not bring about positive changes.
- If the parent/guardian is not attending school or work as stated or if there are long periods of absenteeism.