Brentwood Bay, BC, Canada, North America
Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
Based on the WSÁNEĆ School Board’s salary scale.
Ongoing On-Call Custodian for Operations & Maintenance
The WSÁNEĆ School Board invites Applicants for the following position: On-Call Custodian for Operations & Maintenance
Responsible for cleaning and janitorial services and minor maintenance tasks as required.
Scope: Works under the direction of the Operations & Maintenance Supervisor.
- Clean entrance ensuring that first impressions are inviting before the arrival of staff
- Clear and clean garbage containers, replace liners as required and dispose of garbage and recyclables i.e. paper, cardboard
- Vacuum carpets and sweep, mop and wax floors
- Dust, polish, brush, disinfect or scrub furnishing, windows and other surfaces
- Check, clean, sanitize and restock washrooms, towel cabinets and kitchen areas daily
- Spot clean as required
- Secure areas of responsibilities i.e. lock doors and windows, set security system
- Keep supplies orderly, record supplies used and monitor inventory of supplies and tools
- Perform other related duties and participate in work related training as required
- Experience in all aspects of Custodial Services including major floor maintenance, WHMIS Certificate, First Aid
- Must be willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check
Preference will be given to First Nations Ancestry
Salary: based on WSÁNEĆ School Board salary scale.
Please submit your resume along with 3 professional references to;
Rebecca Clifford, HR Manager 7449 West Saancih Road PO Box 368 BRENTWOOD BAY, B.C. V8M 1R3 Tel: 250-652-2313, Ext. 224 Fax: 250-652-6929
Job keywords/tags: cleaner , janitor , janitorial , maintenance , custodian