Brentwood Bay, BC, Canada, North America
$16.63 per hr
Ongoing - On-call Early Childhood Educator
The WSÁNEĆ School Board invites applicants for the following position:
ONGOING - ON-CALL OPPORTUNITY: Early Childhood Educator @SLELEMW Child Development Center.
Responsible to provide age appropriate programming, guidance, gross and fine motor activities, intellectual and emotional opportunities and will be familiar with Ages and Stages Questionnaires.
Works under the direction of the Director of SLELEMW Child Development Center.
- Maintain knowledge of, follows, and ensure implementation of all Child Care Licensing Regulations and SISB policies.
- Assist in planning and implementing daily indoor and outdoor activities, experiences and routines.
- Promote the development of self-help skills and good health and safety habits.
- Keep records of relevant information including anecdotal notes and observation of the children
- Read and record information recorded in the Communication book.
- Participate in daily duties, e.g. supervision of cleanup, toileting routines, lunchtime, outdoor play and naptime.
- Must have a License to Practice Early Childhood Educator
- One year related experience
- Valid Child First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate, Criminal Record Check and BC Class 5 Driver's License
- Experience working with First Nations children and/or in a First Nations setting is an asset
Preference will be given to First Nations Ancestry
Salary: $16.63 per hr.
Please submit your resume along with 3 professional references to:
Rebecca Clifford, HR Manager
7449 West Saanich Road
PO Box 368
BRENTWOOD BAY, B.C.
Tel: 250-652-2313, Ext. 224 Fax: 250-652-6929
Application Deadline: Ongoing