Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities for Saanich Nation adults living on and off reserve and in neighbouring communities by offering courses and programs that are community based and driven and which link to the Saanich Nation's longer range community development plans: to advance development, self-sufficiency and self-reliance."
The aim of the staff and administration is to make every attempt to offer programs and services that reflect Saanich Nation traditions and values, and that are based on respect and an understanding of each person's uniqueness and potential, always taking into account that the learner is an adult with a vast array of experiences and equal expertise to offer. It is our desire to include the SENĆOŦEN language and Elders in our program delivery, whenever possible.
In short, our mission is to provide accessible, holistic programs preparing adult learners for higher education and vocational training, thus bridging them into other educational organizations and programs of their choice.
Philosophy of Education
- That our SENĆOŦEN culture must be maintained,perpetuated, and protected.
- That along with the school: The SENĆOŦEN people must be involved in the education of our youth.
- That our children must attain the academic skills and spiritual and cultural values which allow them to live successfully in a multi-cultural society, also, that the Non-Indian society be educated about the SENĆOŦEN culture.
- That the SENĆOŦEN tribes control will enhance the education of our students.
- That along with academic skills we must instill SENĆOŦEN values:
- Self Respect
- Respect for the rights and values of others
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- That students have rights and responsibilities within the education program.
- That a safe and suitable learning environment be provided.